Saturday, December 4, 2010

When will we get a tree!?

The past 3 or 4 days we make plans to get a Christmas Tree but something keeps coming up and taking up our time. Last night it was shopping. Kyle had to buy a pair of dress blues for an upcoming event. They gave us no notice at all. He needs them to be cleaned, and tailored by Tuesday. We bought them at the PX on base, and they don't have a seamstress on the weekends so it wasn't going to be ready until Wednesday. But, out of the kindness of their hearts they bumped it up to Monday after 4pm. The event he has to wear them to is on the 8th. It's crazy how they tell you out of the blue that you need a completley new uniform in less than a week. There is a lot of extra stuff that goes into getting these uniforms ready and they have to look perfect for inspection. It coasted us about $400.00 dollars, which was $400.00 dollars we didn't plan on spending, so it was pretty disappointing. He looks nice in them though. His waist is a size 34, and can sometimes fit even smaller sizes, but he ended up having to get a 38 because his thighs are so big, and they are going to tailor them.

Yesterday I went to the doctor and peed in a cup, and they confirmed that I am pregnant. She told me that I was roughly 4 weeks and 6 days, which means today I am 'roughly' 5 weeks along! I will be going to the doctor again in a week or so to get some other tests done to make sure everything is okay. We can get our first ultra sound at 8-10 weeks. I was looking at a calender yesterday and realized how soon that is!! I am very excited. I am also very very tired. Tiredness is what I feel most. Last night I fell asleep on the couch around 7pm while Kyle was playing Call of Duty. (Black Ops - that he just bought. It was supposed to be one of his Christmas presents but he needed it now...) I woke up around 10pm to Kyle carrying me to bed and putting the covers on me and then he laid next to me and we went to sleep. How sweet! He is a sweetie.


It is really cold here and our heat doesn't seem to be working, so our apartment feels like an ice box. Yesterday I make cookies just so I could turn the oven on and see if the house would warm up a bit. I wish I had my bearspaw boots here.

No comments:

Post a Comment