Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kyle Bear

I already wrote a quick post about Kyle's homecoming from Afghanistan. But, looking at the pictures again tonight, especially this one, made me want to write a post just about Kyle. This picture was taken at his homecoming. The Marines marched in in alphabetical order, and he ended up stopping right in front of me. The Marines all had to stand there until all of them had gotten off the bus and into the gym, it took about 3 or 5 minutes. In that time, everyone just stood there, Marines and Family alike. And my sweet husband was dead center in front of me. So close yet so far away! All I wanted to do was run up and hug him. If we could've gotten a picture of my face, I would have had just as big a smile on as he does. I hadn't seen him in seven long months. There were times when that deployment felt so easy, and like it would be over tomorrow. Other times it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, and I just felt like sleeping until it was over because the days dragged on and on. In the end, every day of it always comes out to be worth it. We have made it through so much together. A long distance relationship for four years - finishing high school, boot camp, school of infantry, Iraq, Afghanistan....There might have been fights some days, or hard times, times when we both just felt so tired - but through it all I have learned so many very important lessons. Here are a few I would like to share, which I may not be perfect at, but I still try my best every day.
1. Pray
2. Always be nicer than you think you should be.
3. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
4. Forgive and forget.
5. Remember, it's just money.
6. Forget yourself. Be selfless.
7. Serve others. Be helpful.
8. Always say you're sorry, even if you don't think you're the one who needs to apologize.
9. Speak kindly.
10. Always tell the one you love, that you love them, every chance you get.

Kyle,
You are so sweet. Despite all the hard points, we did make it through another deployment - we can make it through anything. You are the love of my life, and I am so thankful to our Heavenly Father for putting us in each others lives and helping us make our relationship work. Handsome, considerate, funny, caring, talented, dedicated, sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, Kyle Bear - I will never stop loving you.

2 comments:

  1. just so kyle knows, i actually wrote this....arent i such a thoughtful sister in law? sweet post btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words Alyssa. You too are a sweet sweet person. Your tribute to Kyle is very touching.

    ReplyDelete