Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy News!

Hello dear world. It has gotten cold in North Carolina, which I didn't think was possible. I have the heat on, but for some reason it feels like more air conditioning. Maybe it's not working. Kyle and I have recently returned home from a 3 week trip to Michigan, where we spent time with his family and puppies! It was so nice to see everyone and have a relaxing break. But, since being home from Michigan, some great things have been happening in our lives!

Kyle has applied to the University Of Calgary for accounting! We are both so excited, so soon we will be getting his acceptance letter in the mail. (Or rejection letter) But, I'm pretty sure it will be a letter of acceptance. This is exciting as can be. I am so proud of K Bear for being so hard working and being prepared. He also applied to take some courses offered by the USMC. They are kind of like refresher courses of everything you learned in High School. Unfortunately, he has been denied for scoring too high on the test. Interesting.

On November 30th, we found out that I am pregnant! We are so happy and so excited. Because of my miscarriage I am trying to stay somewhat calm and relaxed until the baby makes it out of the first trimester, and then I will really jump for joy. But, I have been jumping for joy already! I can not really contain my happiness. I have always had this prayer in my heart, but since November 1st, I prayed out loud to Heavenly Father every day. I asked him to bless our family with a baby, and he has! I am so thankful that prayers are heard, and that they are answered. All that is asked of us is to do our best, and Heavenly Father does take care of the rest.

Time has been going by so fast. Kyle has applied for the Early Out Program. If he is approved, we will be out of the Marine Corps by March (hopefully) instead of June. Either way, the time is close for us to start our loooong drive to Calgary. I am starting to wonder what will become of all our stuff and things. How are we going to get all of this to Calgary? I guess a lot of it will have to be sold or given away, and we will take what we can. And that is fine with me, because I am just happy to be going to Canada! My parents are the best in the entire world and are going to let us stay with them until we can get settled. It will be a BIG help since Kyle will be in school, and I will be looking for a job eventually. Kyle and I are both very pleased and excited that we have finally decided on a place to live. Calgary will be great! Eventually we plan on moving to a smaller place around Calgary, maybe Airdrie. I am so excited to be back home with my awesome family! Kyle has only seen my siblings a few times, so I am really happy that everyone will finally be able to get to know each other a little better. My family is the best, everyone is always willing to help, everyone is (usually) always really happy and kind to one another, I am so excited to have our baby in Calgary and sweet little James can be his bestest friend! Yippiieeee! Life is great.

1 comment: