Friday, February 25, 2011

Stand A Little Taller



So, it is really hard for me to think of things to write about for my blog. But, every day I read a little scripture from President Hinckley's book "Stand A Little Taller". I thought maybe I would share the scripture and write my thoughts about it. Today, the scripture is:

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3

President Hinckley then goes on to share his own thoughts about each scripture. In this one, he writes that being 'converted' and having conviction is 'not a matter of the head'. Rather, it is a matter of the heart. Everyone on this earth, a member of the LDS Church or not, has the light of Christ within them. From my understanding, which is probably not all that great, this is basically the ability to feel the Holy Spirit. Everyone is able to feel this special gift, sometimes it just takes a while to recognize when you are feeling it. It is that little voice inside your heart that tells you what to do. Everyone, including myself, needs to practice listening and recognizing this gift. It has been given to us to help us, lead us, guide us, and keep us safe. When we listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, we will be making better choices! We will be happier, we will be creating happier homes, happier families, and setting ourselves up for the path that will lead to eternal happiness with our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment